cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secondary account - and changing password

Marva
On our wavelength

I have a secondary email, and it was blocked last Friday/Saturday. Couldn't access the VM webmail either. I tried to change my password on myvirginmedia, but unable to find how to do that! A phone call to VM on Saturday sorted the issue and someone over the phone entered a new password for me, but can you tell me how to change my password, for the next time this happens, and also I'd like to change it myself, for security reason. Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you can see Account Settings then click on that and then Account details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Marva wrote:

I have a secondary email, and it was blocked last Friday/Saturday. Couldn't access the VM webmail either. I tried to change my password on myvirginmedia, but unable to find how to do that! A phone call to VM on Saturday sorted the issue and someone over the phone entered a new password for me, but can you tell me how to change my password, for the next time this happens, and also I'd like to change it myself, for security reason. Many thanks in advance.

It is best to make the changes when using a desktop browser rather than a mobile device due to the different layouts.  Instructions on how to change the password via desktop browser are:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Marva
On our wavelength

Hi Graham, many thanks for this - but the problem is, when I go to myvirginmedia, I can't see 'my profile', somehow... where is it? I can see: secondary account, account settings, service status, need some help - and below channel guide, virginmedia mail, our community... 

What I am doing wrong??

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you can see Account Settings then click on that and then Account details.

Marva
On our wavelength

Great thanks very much! 🙂 really appreciate your help!

Hi @Marva

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community 🙂

It looks as if the community has resolved this query for you?

If you do have any further questions however, please do pop back to us here and we will do all we can to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Marva
On our wavelength

Thanks! All sorted 🙂

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Marva

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm glad to hear the issue has been sorted now 🙂 If there's anything else you need, please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Serena