cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam advice

bobong
Tuning in
Received the below email, which I assume is a scam. How can I report it to Virginmedia?
VIRGIN MEDIA
Dear Mail User,
We see that your email has not yet received confirmation for the new, improved service.

If you don't respond to this automatic email within 24 hours, your ability to send and receive emails will be restricted.
You are necessary
Verify account
To avoid losing access, be sure to verify your account as soon as possible.
Thank you,
©Microsoft 
2023 All rights reserved.

[MOD EDIT: link edited for safety]
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

You (or someone) should edit your post and remove the link to that google doc. 

You can forward the email to phishing@virginmedia.com and it will get scanned but may or ma not get actioned.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

You (or someone) should edit your post and remove the link to that google doc. 

You can forward the email to phishing@virginmedia.com and it will get scanned but may or ma not get actioned.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Hey bobong,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear that you have received this email, I can confirm that this would be a scam and it would be great, if you could send the email to the address mentioned by VMCopperUser on their last post.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L