Menu
AnneT2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

request for Mod to assist with decomissioning @blueyonder email account

Hi,

I am requesting a mod to assist with shutting down a blueyonder account ASAP please

I've read several threads in here where the only way seems to be via this route.

I cannot just wait 90 days as the account is compromised and I have no way to change the password as I cannot log into the VM portal, I am no longer a customer and have not been for many years but have continued to use my blueyonder email. account, but it needs to close ASAP

The hacker is using the email to access other my othret services such as Amazon and facbook, and I am working with them to change the associaterd email address, as they keep changing the passowords after I attempt to do so. They are even making purchase via amazon with no doubt stolen gift cards.

This is not a primary email address as I dont have VM broadband services.

The account is an active one.

I trust this answers the pre-questions needed that I have seen on other threads, and I await a PM if someone would be so kind.

Many Thanks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: request for Mod to assist with decomissioning @blueyonder email account

Hi there @AnneT2

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our Forums. I was sorry to understand that there have been some issues with an old email account you had with us. Usually email accounts are deleted automatically within 90 days of you leaving - however, if you do still use and access these accounts, they can sometimes miss the purge and remain active.

We can certainly look to get the old email address removed and purged for you; please do be advised though, this can take around 5 working days. 

I have located your account from your forum information so will pop you a quick Private Message so we can confirm the correct email and pass security to help you out. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @AnneT2

Cheers for your Private Message reply -  I can confirm that I have logged the IT ticket to delete and fully remove the email address under reference number P010332090.  We do advise they can take up to 5 working days but I have had them back within a few hours today so fingers crossed we can get things sorted sooner rather than  later. 

Once I have any update, I'll be sure to let you know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quicker than expected @AnneT2!

Confirmed by IT that the email has now been fully deleted and mailbox removed from this end for you.

Hope that's all ok - hope you manage to get all things sorted with the hacker and other accounts. 

Stay safe. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos