cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You are not allowed to sign on at this time."

oniscoid
Tuning in

i've been using VirginMedia webmail for several years without a problem -- tried to sign in today -- entered usual account email address and usual password and filled out the standard image captcha and got message "You are not allowed to sign on at this time. Please try again later." -- tried again using a different browser and got hit with about a dozen consecutive image captchas after which the same message came up -- no live help available after 9pm -- bot help useless -- anyone else having a similar problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nf1236
On our wavelength

I've just tried to log in as well and same message.  Tried my virgin media bill account page as well and got same message.  Was worried my account had been cancelled or something but if you are having it as well I'm hoping it just means they are having issues their end.  

I have my emails forward to another address as well and nothing has come through and normally getting emails every hour.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nf1236
On our wavelength

I've just tried to log in as well and same message.  Tried my virgin media bill account page as well and got same message.  Was worried my account had been cancelled or something but if you are having it as well I'm hoping it just means they are having issues their end.  

I have my emails forward to another address as well and nothing has come through and normally getting emails every hour.

dadacawf
Tuning in

I’m also running into this problem. My internet keeps randomly going down since 1am and comes back online, tried to log into  the app to see if there was any issues and I’m also getting hit with the "You are not allowed to sign on at this time. Please try again later." Whenever I try to login so I’m assuming it’s on there end

Colonel-Mustard
On our wavelength

Thanks for the post.

I was signed in to my email, then as I was just about to finish writing an email I automatically got signed out.

I was then asked to enter my password again, but once I had entered it, it would not let me back in as I got the same message that you did:
"You are not allowed to sign on at this time. Please try again later."

I also noticed a couple of random websites failing earlier, it just said "https failed" but I am unsure if it's related or not.

Colonel-Mustard
On our wavelength

Update.. I was able to sign back into my email again this morning just before 5am, so hopefully you may find that it is now also working for the rest of you.

oniscoid
Tuning in

yep, signed in today first time without needing to do any captchas -- maybe VM was experimenting with a new security system which was left running overnight unmonitored?