Menu
wyre
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

primary email change

can i change my primary address . as even though i use a anti  virus and anti spam  , i keep getting loads of spam  mail from same people/firms. i have blocked them loads of times but they keep changing there email   address . i wondered if i could  make my secondary  virgin address as my primary  on e

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: primary email change

No you can't. Your primary e-mail address is baked into VM's single sign on system for as long as you have a VM account. It you don't want to use it for email, create a secondary account with a new virginmedia.com address and use that. But the primary address is still required when you log into My Virginmedia for all its functions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks still  want to use it , just that  it is getting a lot of spam   and junk mail on it 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Wyre,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear you are getting a lot of spam mails, unfortunately you cannot change or delete this, you can select a different email to use  via your online account , In can only advise to make sure  you have put any spam emails in the spam folder and blocked them.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks  for that . got a strange thing happing, i phone up and spoke to some one  about it,  and they told me it could not happen , even though i said i had virgin webmail  and out look open  and it was happing  on both they said again this could not happen in  any the put me through to another department  but after 30 mins of hanging om no one answered The thing that has start is  mail   that should have gone in  my second email account inbox   is  going in to main one. the gent i spoke to was instant that i was wrong  which  anoyed  me  as i  had got pages in front  of me. 

0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

paul  i  forgot to say i have been blocking  the spam  emails but  i think  there must be quite a few people in a group sending them as the address keep changing 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate the frustration, all I can advise is to block them all.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

have you a answer  for what i said in previous  post   on why  mails for secondary  address are going in main address in box

0 Kudos