Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

phishing

I am being bombarded (one a day) by phishing emails inviting me to click on a link to unsubscribe from the list.

I move them to spam and blacklist the sender. The

They are all from a ".eu" domain albeit the senders upto the dot are different.

How can I automatically redirect ALL ".eu" senders to spam?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: phishing

Hello

Login into webmail at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox then in click on the setting "3 Lines" top right, then into settings once the setting open Click on Email and select filer rules, add new rules and fill it in like the following screenshot.

Screenshot (5).png

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

The filter rule's matching condition Contains is imprecise meaning it will match any from address containing the text .eu, for example:

Welty, Eudora <welty.eudora@example.org>

Consider using a regular expression (Regex) instead, see Re: How does this spam get to me?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Sadly email from domains ending in  ".eu " (dot eu) are still coming through. Looks like manual intervention is the only answer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I am having the same issue. The e-mails initially invited me to click a link to join a competition for  £250 of Aldi vouchers or to click to unsubscribe. I forwarded this and some subsequent e-mails from .eu to report@phishing.gov.uk. I no longer open the e-mails but simply delete and erase them; but still they come. Since I do no get other e-mails from .eu, I will try the Regex solution provided so that all .eu e-mails will go to SPAM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I have put the regex filter in place and I will see what happens tomorrow morning when the spam arrives (3 from .eu this morning; they must be getting desperate). I hope they will appear in my spam box with a red flag so I can delete at a stroke. Thanks for the advice and the link to the regex filter. I will report back on the outcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Please let me know how you get on... I tried Regex but no luck. Perhaps I did not complete it correctly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I suppose it was written in the stars that this morning there was no spam from .eu addresses at all. I checked at webmail and nothing there either. It has become such a regular event, getting up to 3 of these scams a day, that I assumed I would have one to test the regex. It is disappointing that yours did not work so I will let you know what happens. I tried to copy the example exactly but one character wrong might negate the whole thing. Anyway, I will report back when the regex gets tested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

@ahrbee wrote:

I suppose it was written in the stars that this morning there was no spam from .eu addresses at all. I checked at webmail and nothing there either. It has become such a regular event, getting up to 3 of these scams a day, that I assumed I would have one to test the regex. It is disappointing that yours did not work so I will let you know what happens. I tried to copy the example exactly but one character wrong might negate the whole thing. Anyway, I will report back when the regex gets tested.

Getting these spam emails as well the last week or so, all mostly about unsubscribing from a newsletter and all emails are titled with a name such as Oliver Dupre, Marje De Elburg. 

Although they are highlighted as junk they go into my inbox and not junk folder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

@mitch84 wrote:

@ahrbee wrote:

Although they are highlighted as junk they go into my inbox and not junk folder.

If by highlighted you mean the subject text is prefixed with the text <SPAM> then this is likely due to your spam settings. To correct:

• sign into webmail here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/
  • select > Settings > ▸ Email > SPAM Settings
    NB that Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox option is selected
  • select Move message to Spam folder option

Can you recall why the Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox option was selected as it is not the default?

0 Kudos