Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

outgoing emails

i keep getting my outgoing emails blocked by some company virgin use called Spamhaus CSS Verification and i have to apply online to get unblocked. Why is this happening and does anybody else get this happening to them as i am getting fed up with this and cannot get through to virgin on phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: outgoing emails

Hello

IIf you are on that list from SpamHaus then there is something on your home network that is sending spam, have a look at :- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

There is no point of requesting removal until you find out what is causing the trigger which only happens from multiple reports, could be anything from Tablets, Phones, Firesticks etc.

If you are running Hola VPN Free, then note But Hola Free VPN is anything but a VPN.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the info but it all seems double dutch to me and would not have a clue where to start and have been trying to look at it all afternoon. Had to request getting me clear yet again. It only seems to happen when on laptop using Apple Mail where i have added my account because when i log into my Virgin account online and go to my email i can send emails with no problems.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The error will not affect the webmail as that uses a different method of sending emails, it will only affect email clients like Apple Mail, Outlook etc.

Requesting removal will not help as if whatever is triggering the sending of Spam is still on one of your devices which will trigger the block again.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks