Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

orphaned ntlworld email account

Hi

I would like an old ntlworld email address which is receiving and sending spam to be deleted.

By way of a brief history, my wife and I both had ntlworld.com email accounts which were moved over to Virgin media.  We then both set up gmail accounts a number of years ago and arranged email forwarding from the ntlworld accounts. 

We started to get a lot of spam delivered to the ntlworld accounts so we decided to get rid of them. I managed to delete my wife's account but couldn't get rid of mine as it was the primary account attached to the virgin media account. However, since then my wife has continued to receive spam as well as fishing emails to the ntlworld address which are then forwarded to her gmail. Further to this we have been receiving a number of letters from Virgin media informing  us that spam is being sent from her ntlworld account and asking us to take action.

On contacting Virgin media over the phone, I was informed that my wife's ntlworld account does not exist on their system and can't be accessed by Virgin media. This is odd as it is Virgin media that keep informing us of the spam being sent from that account.

There has been a suggestion that it may be because my wife's ntl email address was registered to a previous address.  She has also contact Virgin but they have said that as the old account was in my name I have to make the request.  I did call Virgin, who said that they would look into this about a month or two ago but have heard nothing since.

This problem has been continuing for over a year now and Virgin surely have a (GDPR?) duty to comply with our request to delete the old ('orphaned') email address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: orphaned ntlworld email account

Hello craig_sturgeon

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and welcome to the forum 🙂

In order to look into this further for you I need some further details, I'm going to send you a Private Message to enable me to assist with this further.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: orphaned ntlworld email account

thanks for the reply, I've looked at my private messages on the forum and my email account but i don't see any messages

0 Kudos