Menu
hthomas
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

old blueyonder account hacked

hi first time user here.

i have started to receive emails from an account that i thought was deleted. 

upon checking i found that address has been hacked.

would it be possible to delete this account.

also im receiving emails for this account on my gmail account so must be linked somehow.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: old blueyonder account hacked

@hthomas wrote:

hi first time user here.

Welcome to the forum. 😊

would it be possible to delete this account.

One of the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees) can get that done for you. They should pick up on your post in the next day or so and will contact you via this thread to get your details via the forum's private message (PM) facility.

also im receiving emails for this account on my gmail account so must be linked somehow.

It would appear so.  There is no intrinsic link between Virgin email accounts and Gmail so there are only two possibilities:

1) You set a filter in your Blueyonder account to forward any incoming messages to your Gmail account. Obviously you cannot do anything about that now but the problem will be resolved once VM have deleted your Blueyonder account.

2) You have set  up your Gmail account to download any new emails that arrive in your Blueyonder account. If that is the case, these will stop once your Blueyonder account is deleted. However, you will then start getting error messages in Gmail saying it can no longer access your Blueyonder account.

You check this in your Gmail account  - click on the cog symbol (top right of the screen) then click on on "See all settings".

Then click on "Accounts and Import" and scroll down to "Check Mail from other accounts" If you see your Blueyonder account listed just click the "Delete" option to the right and that will stop Gmail from downloading your Blueyonder emails.

I hope that helps

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello @hthomas,

Welcome to the community page! Thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues that you are having with your email.

I will send you a private message so I can get a ticket raised for you.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jonn1801
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayley

I have exactly the same problem.

An old Blueyonder account has been hacked but I can't even see it in settings to manage/delete the unwanted email address.

Could you raise a ticket for me too, please.

many thanks

--Jon

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Jonn1801.

Thank you for posting on our community, please can you make your own post regarding this so we can help you?

We do require this as it can cause confusion on threads.

I hope that is okay, we can help you on your own post 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for talking to me in private @hthomas 🙂

I am glad that we have been able to help you today, I hope you have a lovely day.

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos