Menu
Graham1952
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld lost account

Hi, 

My ntlworld email account that I have had for over 15 years I can no longer sign into. All that is indicated is that I should login using VM however, my details do not work on there either. I haven't been a customer with VM for many years now. 

Does anyone know a sound solution as to how I can recover my email account?

Thanks 

Harry

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld lost account

Unfortunately you can't resolve this situation.  As you are not a Virgin Media broadband customer, the email account should have been closed years ago when you stopped being a customer.

Your only chance is if you can access the account via an email client or can perform a password change via the forgotten password link.

The VM Forum Team will be able to ensure the email address is deleted for you, but they won't be able to help you regain access to it.

You can read up on orphaned accounts here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld lost account

In a word, no.

Email accounts now only work for 90 days after you close your account. If you are not paying Virgin for services you can no longer retain it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks