Menu
Topgun
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld emails slow to download

I have two email addresses, a ntlworld.com one and a gmail.com one. I use Outlook on my desktop to download emails. The gmail ones seem to come through quite quickly, the ntlworld ones are sooooo slooooow to arrive.

The other day, I needed to send some photos from my phone to my desktop, which I tried to do via my ntlworld email. After about 10 minutes waiting for them to arrive, I got bored and resent them (same size files) to my gmail account. They arrived on my pc in the gmail account whilst the ntl one was still chuntering away!

My wife has exactly the same issue on her laptop with her ntl email, she uses Thunderbird, so I assume the problem is with VM rather than elsewhere.

The ntl emails do seem to arrive a bit quicker for both of us on our iPhones and iPad.

Is this just me and either way, what can I do about it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld emails slow to download

Hello Topgun,

I know you mentioned 3rd party email apps such as Outlook and Thunderbird, but is it the same via our webmail ? Have you tried re-adding the account from fresh in Outlook in case it helps?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Topgun
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I haven't tried via webmail, only because I don't normally do it that way, but I shall have a play and see what happens. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please do. It will help us pin point where the issue may be. If you can send a few and monitor it and let us know we can go from there.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos