cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email

BC46
Joining in

When accessing my email account on VM, only unified mail is shown . No access to other emails and in settings, the following message appears 

"The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."

Unable to change or update passwords in settings as I have previously been able to.  However am able to access all my emails in Outlook and Gmail

What is going on with VM? Assistance appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BC46,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you currently experiencing issues trying to access your Ntlworld email account.

Can we ask if the email address we're discussing, is linked to an active cable account?

Kind regards Jodi. 

BC46
Joining in

Thanks Jodi, 

Yes, broadband, phone, mobile and TV all with Virgin media. 

Thanks for confirming BC46,

As you're unable to update your password in settings, can we ask if you're able to run malware scans on all devices. Then change the password to the email account, using something new, unique never used before. Leave it one hour before trying the mailbox again.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks Jodi, 

F-secure is active and does a daily scan and to date nothing has been detected. 

In settings if I change the password for a specific account the following message appears: 

"The provided password seems to be wrong or something bad happened"   

So how do I change the password?

Thanks for coming back to us BC46,

I am going to pop you over a private message to take some details so we can investigate this further for you. Pease click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
_2-1690569495010.jpeg

The above highlighted error message can usual be resolved by:

1. opening an Incognito / Private browser window
  2. sign in here https://mail2.virginmedia.com with the authentication credentials of the problem account. If sign in is unsuccessful try the forgotten password link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
  3. once successfully signed into webmail go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and select Sign in
  4. select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password
  5. make a note of new App password
  6. sign out or close window
  7. now back in webmail, select Edit located adjacent to problem account; in above example that would be richard.branson@ blueyonder.co.uk
  8. scroll down to Incoming server section and enter App password, noted in step 5, in Password field
  9. scroll down further to Outgoing server (SMTP) and set Authentication to As incoming e-mail server
  10. select Save

Hopefully details were saved without issue and error message is no longer being shown.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi BC46,

Thanks for your private message. This issue has not been reported to our IT team on your behalf, if you require any updates with your IT ticket, please use the reference number we have posted privately to you, and we can check on the progress for you.

We do appreciate your patience with this matter.

Kind regards Jodi.