cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email

Jane551
Joining in

Have recently come away from Virgin media and was informed that i could keep my email. Can log into email via email apps however, cant do this via Virgin media website as previously could. Would seem from reading through other threads they close the accounts after 90 plus days? As a 67 year old who has had this email for some time this is causing great stress. Hoping someone can help.

3 REPLIES 3

Jane551
Joining in

Hi,

Is there any chance you could help me with this issue please? I wasnt aware of the clousure of my email as i was told i could keep it upon leaving virgin and as a 67 year old chnaging email which is linked to many things is alot of work for me. Hoping you can help.

Many Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your best option will be to make the best use of the email address whilst you can still access it via your email client.  Save all the emails you need to keep to an offline folder.

Set up a new email address with another free provider not linked to your broadband such as Gmail or MS Outlook and let all your contacts know the new address.

Unfortunately whoever told you that you could continue using the VM email address after you stopped being a customer was mistaken.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Jane551

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums. It's great to have you here, and a big thank you to @Graham_A for their help so far. 

Unfortunately the information our community have provided is correct and emails are removed after 90 days of leaving your services with us. 

We would recommend setting up a new email and saving or moving any important emails over to this address.

Thanks again.