cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email problem on phone but ok on PC

NeilH2
Joining in

Hi

Since 5th Aug, the body of my ntlworld.com emails aren't coming through on my samsung s20 phone. However, they are ok on my PC. My gmail account emails are coming through on my mobile okay.

I've noticed today that no ntlworld emails are coming through now on my mobile.

Everything has been okay before the 5th Aug

I've checked 'Sync' and on my mobile for the ntl account and it's on. 

Can you help pls?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks NeilH2, hopefully that should work for you. Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NeilH2 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your emails on your phone at this time. 

How are you accessing your emails on your phone? Is it through an app, our webmail or through a client such as outlook or gmail? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi.

Thanks for getting back so promptly.

Firstly, I'm not such a techy guy, but I'll answer the best I can

So, my emails on my phone are through a gmail account

Okay, no worries @NeilH2 

So you are accessing your ntlword emails through the gmail website?

When you log into the Virgin Media online account to access your emails, do you have the same issues? or is it just happening when accessing through gmail? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

NeilH2
Joining in

I'm accessing (I think) my ntlword emails through the gmail icon on my mobile screen. Seems to be via my google account.

When i log in to my virgin media account on my phone via google search engine, i can get my get my ntlworld.com emails, so it seems its only through gmail.

Great, thank you for confirming this @NeilH2

Do you have a google phone?  

If you have a google phone and you are accessing your mail app on the phone, please try resetting your mailbox app password through your Virgin Media online account, by following these steps to see if that helps resolve the issue > MyVM > Account Settings > Account Details > Mailbox App Password Management

Here to help 🙂
Carley

NeilH2
Joining in

I'm hoping I've done right.... (I have a Samsung s20 moble). I've gone into my pc and on the Virgin Media online account and generated a new App password and noted this. That's all i've done at this point.

Pls go slowly with me.... what do i do now pls?

Once you have done that NeilH2 and you have your new password, you would need to change the password in the mail application that you're using on your mobile handset.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

NeilH2
Joining in

Thanks. I'll try that.

Thanks NeilH2, hopefully that should work for you. Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L