cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email not working

iand23
Tuning in

I've had my ntlworld email address for years now. I'm not a Virgin Media customer (haven't been for years). suddenly I can't sign into my email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All non customer emails are being deleted, under the T&Cs they should be closed 90 days after you leave but often it takes much longer for them to get around to it, a virgin rep may be able to give you temporary access to it if the deletion process has not gone to far 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All non customer emails are being deleted, under the T&Cs they should be closed 90 days after you leave but often it takes much longer for them to get around to it, a virgin rep may be able to give you temporary access to it if the deletion process has not gone to far 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well I'm still a customer and I have just found out I can't sign in to my ntlworld emails either .

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Log in to your main Virginmedia account, and find the email listing. Change the email password, and wait for an hour before trying the email again.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi iand23, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the mailbox and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. The mailbox would be deleted if you are no longer an active customer. Would you be able to check if it is still valid here - Chris

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Hi iand23, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the mailbox and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. The mailbox would be deleted if you are no longer an active customer. Would you be able to check if it is still valid here - Chris

It would appear that the test is blocked by VM mail servers.....

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

I tested my (currently working, but who knows for how long) Ntlworld email address and received.

We found that:

• The Email Address Syntax is correct
  • Connecting to mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net failed

I tested another email address I have and that connected to the mail server and was confirmed as valid?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, I've used the checker and it's come back as.... 

• The Email Address Syntax is correct

Regards Ian 

Hi iand23 thanks for getting back to us.

We can have a look into this on your behalf if you'd like?  We cannot make a guarantee, but we can have a look to see if you we could temporarily restore your mailbox?

Regards

Lee_R 

That would be awesome, thank you.