Menu
steve1234018
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email not working

I am a virgin media customer with phone and broadband - I also have an ntlworld.com email address that hasnt worked on my virgin media for months - is there a fix ? does virgin media know about it ? are they going to fix it ? Thanks if there is any help 🙂

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ntlworld email not working

@steve1234018 wrote:

I also have an ntlworld.com email address that hasnt worked on my virgin media for months - is there a fix ? does virgin media know about it ? are they going to fix it ?

Impossible to answer any of those questions without knowing what it is that you are seeing.🤔

Is it that you cannot log in to the account? Or can you log in but not send or receive emails?

Either way, exactly what is the error message or messages that you are getting?

Once you post the answers to those questions the Forum Community can start to work out the answer to your questions. 😉 Thanks for telling us that you are still a VM broadband customer though, that is useful information.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
steve1234018
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can type in my email address and password, when I hit enter this page comes up

https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html

It says this:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @steve1234018

Thanks for letting us know that additional information. 

Can you advise how you are trying to access the emails? Is this via an email client or via the webmail option? 

Is the email address still listed within your MyVirginMedia account? Are you still able to access your online account ok? 

One last question - is the email still active when testing on Mailtester.com ?

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

steve1234018
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I am trying to access the ntlworld email via the My Virgin Media homepage.

Yes my ntlworld email is listed in my account (I have two accounts on myvirgin media) the primary account gets all my bill sent to it - the ntlworld email that isnt working is attached to a secondary account - when I go into this account the ntlworld email address that is not working is showing correctly on my account - but when I try to go into email it says unavailable as detailed above.

Yes Mailtester says its a valid email address it checked the IP addresses and said it was valid do you want to know what the email address is ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I expect Katie or one of her colleagues will ask for more details but that will be done via a private message.  They will alert you by posting here.

Don't post any personal identity details including the email address directly on this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perfect - thanks for that @steve1234018

As our VIP @Graham_A has advised, we'll need to go through some security via Private Message; please do not post any private information or your email address here.

I'll pop you a Private Message now - please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

steve1234018
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email not working (working now)

Hi - a big Thank You to the forum members for sorting this out - its really appreciated and special Thanks to Katie for chasing everything up and fixing it for me.

Thanks Katie (Its this sort of customer service that keeps me with Virgin Media 🙂

Regards.

Steve.

Clarepam2
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT is there any chance you might be able to help me....please? I've tried so many avenues to sort my lost access to ntlworld emails and they lead to a dead end!
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Clarepam2 wrote:
@Katie_WT is there any chance you might be able to help me....please? I've tried so many avenues to sort my lost access to ntlworld emails and they lead to a dead end!

Clarepam2 - you need to stick to your own thread and NOT spam the community boards.  You are creating more work for the moderators trying to scoop your posts into your thread.  You are bothering the Forum Team who can only do their best to help customers and your thread has been attended by FOUR MEMBERS of the Forum Team already.  Your messages go to EVERYONE in each thread you have spammed. It is against the forum rules to create multiple posts and to resurrect old solved threads.  One thread, one problem, let the community work on it, please.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Re-Ntlworld-Email-address/td-p/4281970

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos