cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email not sending recieving

miqntl
Joining in

HI

We have 2 ntlworld emails - have had them for years - one of them (mine) is not sending or recieving - it keeps coming up with login error - I haven't changed any credentials.

We are with VM business (over 1 years nw) and these emails are not connected to this subscription

Can anyone shed enay light on this?

7 REPLIES 7

Anankha
Problem sorter

Are you still a VM business user with a current paid subscription?
Are you using the ntlworld or virgin media server details?

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you have discontinued the Virgin Media account that had the email addresses, they will be discontinued in accordance with the original contract conditions. They can't be attached to a Business account. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

But we joined VM Business (and cancelled residential contract) last year - and both emails have worked fine since them - only one email is not working now - the other one is fine?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Depends how and when each address was started, which was primary address, etc.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

If the non working email was from the residential account then it has been closed 30 days after the account finished.
Can you log in online to the account? If not then that’s proof the email account is no longer working.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

90 days (but often longer) 

- jpeg1

guess its a case of get a new email - a bit gutted as I held this for over 10 years