Menu
CHP
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email not recognised

I keep getting a password smtp server box popping up in Outlook.

Tried to log onto virgin media webmail to check emails but virgin media does not recognise my email address? This can't be right surely. Iv'e used this email for over 20 years.

I then tried to change the password and it still says email not recognised.

Called virgin media and they said they can't help as my account is closed. I know that, as I moved 10 years ago and they suggested I move to talktalk as they don't cover the area I live in.

Surely virginmedia is responsible to keep on managing ntlworld.com emails?

What on earth is going on. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email not recognised

Email accounts are shut down after 90 days of your account being closed down. Most likely it has been shut down now.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@CHP wrote:

Tried to log onto virgin media webmail to check emails but virgin media does not recognise my email address? This can't be right surely. Iv'e used this email for over 20 years.

Called virgin media and they said they can't help as my account is closed.

Surely virginmedia is responsible to keep on managing ntlworld.com emails?

What on earth is going on. Any help appreciated.

Virgin Media is responsible for managing ntlworld.com email accounts and still does. However, the use of Virgin Media email accounts is limited to customers with a current VM Broadband account.

Once a customer leaves then any associated email accounts should be closed after 90 days. In truth, VM are often very slow in doing their housework so ex customers often continue using the accounts for many years as in your case.

It would seem that they have finally caught up with your old email accounts and they are now in the course of being deleted. That is an irrevocable process I am afraid. It would be nice if VM  warned people that their old email accounts were about to be closed but that rarely seems to happen.

You can look here for more information https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 .

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey CHP,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your NTL world mailbox.

What @coenoby and @Aaron2 have said is correct and yes some email addresses are missed when customers leave us and remain active until we start to catch up and delete any email addresses for former customers.

Please could you check to see if the email address is still active using this link here and this will show if your address is active or not.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos