Menu
AlisonC1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email not available

Hi, Last week I got a notification from my email app on my phone to say I had to verify my details for my NTL email. I tried to put in the password and got an error that either th email or password are incorrect.

I can log in to my account and see my bills.

I have spoken to 5 different advisors at Virgin Media who have rest my password to no avail.

I had a ticket raised it IT B010572853. I have been told that this was closed solved but no-one can tell me why it is solved and I still cannot access the email.

I have read the article about orphan accounts but this one was active until I was no longer able to log in.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email not available

@AlisonC1 What happens when you try to log into the email account via the VM webmail page?

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AlisonC1
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I get an error that the mailbox is not available and to try again in an hour.

This has been happening for a week.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@AlisonC1 In that case you will need the VM Forum Team to help you further with this.  They will join this thread either later this afternoon or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post AllsonC1, and a very warm welcome to you!

I can see that you've been able to speak to our team since your most recent post

It appears that we've had to raise a ticket for this issue, do please update the thread when we're able to have this resolved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
AlisonC1
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So despite having two cases raised with IT, having spoken to Neil from the chief executive office and being dropped on a call from second line support, I cannot access my email still.

I also received a letter saying that a forward was added to my account and that I should turn it off. 

I am completely furious at this point that almost three weeks later no one can help me. 

And before anyone asks. Yes I have changed my password for the 17th time. On any browser I now get the message forbidden. 

Can someone at Virgin Media switch of the forward for me ? 

0 Kudos
MonkeySee019
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

your email has been hacked. make sure you change your password and email you use on other sites. assume everything that uses the same password or can reset the password using that email address us compremised

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AlisonC1

I'm going to private message you now to collate a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AlisonC1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I have already done that.

0 Kudos
AlisonC1
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am still not able to access my email. This is now a month later.

I want to know what is happening to fix this.

There have been 3 cases raised with IT and I have heard nothing back on any of them.

This is an absolute disgrace and I wan to know what compensation I will be getting from this.

If this is not fixed I will post on social media every day to make others aware of the terrible service I have received 

0 Kudos