Menu
walkerj2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email not available

Hi

I can see others have had the same issue so I'm hoping someone can assist me in gaining access to my ntlworld mailbox which has been unavailable since Christmas.

I have the message; 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I have tried the 0345 number who transferred me to a queue which I waited in for 48 mins before my phone battery gave up. I've had various messenger chats with a number of individuals since 7th Jan. I have been advised that a ticket has been raised with IT (7th jan) and that it would take 3-5 days. Nothing. Then on 20th I was told 24 hours. Still nothing. My last interaction just told me to try ringing again. I've tried, but it just says they're busy, try later. 

I really need access to my emails as it's my primary account.

I can see that several people have had the same issue as me and look to have been helped by the forum team so I'm hoping someone can do the same for me please.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email not available

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you when they reach this thread in the next few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
walkerj2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I really hope so.
0 Kudos
walkerj2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When I ticked your answer as helpful, did I inadvertently close this request for help? I've had no response from anyone from the forum team and still nothing from IT.
Apologies, I've never used this (or any other) forum before.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The waiting time for a Forum Team response is currently around 4 to 5 days so they should be getting to you soon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

walkerj2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @walkerj2 

Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry that it took a little time for us to get back to you and that you have had some issues with logging into your email address. 

I can defiantly take a further look into this for you. 

In order to get some account information, I am going to need to drop you a PM. Keep your eye on the envelope on the top right of the screen.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

walkerj2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to update this thread I do now have access to my emails.

I'm told it was a password issue, which following a second IT ticket being raised by the forum team (first one vanished into the ether) seems to have resolved the problem. I'm not sure why it took so long to identify and then rectify but there you go.

Disappointing also that you have to post on a forum in order to get anyone to own the problem and assist in resolution. That said, I am grateful to Rob and Zak from the VM forum team for finally solving my problem on this occasion - thank you.

0 Kudos