cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email issues

beckaroonie
Joining in

My husband used to be with virgin media but cancelled contract about 18 months ago. He is still using ntlworld email, however he hasn't been able to send or receive emails for a week. The message that came up was - we couldn't access this account. ntlworld. you might need to update password or give account permission to sync to this device. We have tried ole and new passwords but comes up with same message. We have uninstalled from laptop but now cannot sign in at all. It won't accept password and he can't remember username and also doesn't have an account number anymore. Any ideas????

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have a read of this thread, it will explain why the email address is no longer available.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@beckaroonie unfortunately once you stop being a VM customer, then all associated email mailboxes and all the messages within should be deleted within 90 days. Often this doesn’t happen immediately and the mailbox lingers on but is prone to being deleted at any time.

It is most likely that this has now happened to the mailbox and it would be best to assume that it has gone and won’t be coming back.