cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email has been hacked and access has been denied

Iamellon
Joining in

I can’t access my ntlworld email and the password appears to have been changed on it and on imap. How do I retrieve my ntlworld account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We are so sorry that you were not aware of this @lamellon this is included in the Terms and Conditions which can be viewed online here. 

If you can still access the email to change the password back we would advise doing so and moving any important emails over to another account beforehand. Otherwise all we can advise is that we can contact the IT teams to ask to delete this. 

Thanks again

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @lamellon

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your services. Can I ask if you are still a current customer with us and if so is this email attached to a current and active broadband account? 

Thank you for responding. I do not have broadband with virgin media. However I do have a virgin mobile. 

Thank you @lamellon 

If you do not have active broadband services with us then will not be able to retrieve this email for you. All email addresses are removed from our systems once services have been cancelled, after 90 days. Though this can often take longer. 

We can however delete the email address for you fully from our systems if you would like us to. Please do let me know and I'll be happy to do so via a PM.

Thanks for that information.

I have been with another provider for several years and was never informed that virgin would cancel my email account. How can I retrieve my emails with ntlworld in order to escape the hacking and inform my contacts?

We are so sorry that you were not aware of this @lamellon this is included in the Terms and Conditions which can be viewed online here. 

If you can still access the email to change the password back we would advise doing so and moving any important emails over to another account beforehand. Otherwise all we can advise is that we can contact the IT teams to ask to delete this. 

Thanks again

Hi Ashleigh

i have tried  to access my email and password which has been changed by the hackers. I can’t seem to change the password. It is probably best to delete my ntlworld email account before they further access all my accounts on line. This is extremely stressful.

thanks

Dear Ashley

please go ahead and delete my account. Thanks. 

Hi @Iamellon 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello...please help.

My ntlworld email password has been changed by hackers and i cannot reset it as i am not recognised by virgin media.

I used to have an account and my mother had an account, so transfered my email.  We both no longer have an account.

I have tried to move all my apps to my current email but am worried the hackers may still be able to access things.

I know i am not entitled to my ntlworld account but it was never deleted after 90 days - had the email for a very long time.

Please help.