cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email continually hacked

scootatim
Joining in

Hi, my ntlworld email has been hacked. I contacted Virgin who changed my password and got me back into my account. Then I noticed the hacker was still there, all my emails were being forwarded to them. I changed my password again, removed the mail forwarding, blocked the email address that everything was being forwarded to. Next time I go to sign in to my account the password has been changed so again with Virgins help I get access. Now it seems the settings on my account have been changed, I believe forwarding is still happening, but the buttons in settings that allow me to stop forwarding are missing. I have no idea how to proceed. Any help gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you follow the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

You can also delete auto-forward from Filter Rules list.

Regrettably the sign out of other sessions option was removed from webmail and we are still awaiting an update here Re: Remote log off from e-mail - Virgin Media Community - 5113452. I can only suggest you try the following workaround of:

• in webmail select ⚙ > Security
  • change Automatic sign out to 5 minutes
  • wait no less than 5 minutes
  • confirm webmail automatically signed out
  • try signing in again; if successful then it is likely the miscreant's My Virgin Media and / or webmail session also timed out before they could change password

FWIW do consider migrating your email needs over to a new email provider to, likely, benefit from:

• improved account security, i.e. multifactor authentication
  • improved spam filtering
  • better support
  • no longer having to fear loss of email account when deciding on broadband service provider — Virgin Media email accounts are deleted 90 days after broadband service termination

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi scootatim, thanks for reaching our on our help forums and joining the community.
A warm welcome on board!

We're sorry to hear of the email account issue and that you've been hacked repeatedly, please visit our link here for all the relevant info and advice on what to do in such a case.

You'll notice that our first step suggested there is to scan your devices for malware and viruses that could be compromising your personal data.

This is very important step, so better not skip it!

We'd like to assist with this, can you please advise if you've reset your password again and have access to this account currently?

If so, please repeat the process after you've made sure the devices you're accessing this email from are clear from any malicious software etc and before you proceed to any changes.

Also, kindly check for us if you can send an email to your self and see if this is received back so we know whether these are being forwarded.

Let us know of the above and we're here to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs