Menu
janicecheng
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email address

I too need help to delete an old ntlword email address which I have not used for 8 years. Every time I send an email from my gmail address, the ntlworld address appears in the 'from' box. It causes immense frustration to people who try to reply and embarrassment to me. I cannot delete it myself as I no longer know what my virgin login details are. I've spent hours trying to work this out but am defeated each time.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email address

My first suggestion is to go into your Gmail settings and edit the sender details to make sure that the Ntlworld address is not showing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
janicecheng
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Yes I try to remember to do that but sometimes forget, especially when its hidden or I am in a rush. I just want rid of the ntlworld address so that I don't have to think of it.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think that you have misunderstood.  Once you have deleted the Ntlworld address from your Gmail settings and replaced it with the Gmail address the issue should go away.  It isn't something that you need to do each time.

Do you have a current VM broadband account?  If so is the Ntlworld email address that you are concerned about the primary username for the account?

What happens if you try to log in to the Ntlworld email address via this link:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

janicecheng
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did!. Thank you so much, I think I've done it through my gmail address!
0 Kudos