Menu
Abruce1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email address has been hacked - not receiving emails from Amazon

My ntlworld email has been hacked and I am not receiving any Amazon emails.  I need to access these emails in order to sort out the fraudulent activity on my Amazon account.  Amazon advised me to contact email address provider. 

Grateful for advice as to how to unblock the emails from Amazon. 

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email address has been hacked - not receiving emails from Amazon

Hello Abruce1

Sorry to hear of he email issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us in regards to this and welcome to the community.

Can you confirm who advised you your email address had been hacked? Have you been able to access the email account in question and reset the password since you were made aware of this?

Rob

0 Kudos
Abruce1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. Amazon acct was hacked and no emails are being received from Amazon subsequent to hacking. Am receiving all other non-Amazon emails. I was unable to log into my email when I discovered the Amazon problem and I’ve subsequently changed my password twice. I can only assume the fraudsters hacked my email. I’ve checked spam settings and auto forwarding to make sure they haven’t tampered with this.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the update Abruce1 and additional information. From what you have advised and that you are receiving emails from all other contacts apart from Amazon that the issue may be at their end. 

What exactly did they advise you when you spoke to them?

Rob

0 Kudos
Abruce1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They told me to contact my email provider 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that Abruce1, but if they're the only contact you're unable to receive emails from it is likely that the issue may be at their end rather then yours.

Are there any other contacts you're experiencing issues with at all?

Are you able to successfully email yourself for example?

Rob

0 Kudos
Abruce1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can email myself and am not aware of other emails I’m not receiving. Why would it be a problem on Amazon’s end though? Up until the hacking of the Amazon acct, I was receiving emails from them regarding deliveries etc without any problems.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

From the information provided it seems like Amazon is the only contact affected. All other contacts are able to email you without issue. This shows that the email address itself works. We would advise reaching out to amazon. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Abruce1 wrote:

Thanks for replying. Amazon acct was hacked and no emails are being received from Amazon subsequent to hacking. Am receiving all other non-Amazon emails. I was unable to log into my email when I discovered the Amazon problem and I’ve subsequently changed my password twice. I can only assume the fraudsters hacked my email. I’ve checked spam settings and auto forwarding to make sure they haven’t tampered with this.

I assume you have also checked the filter settings in webmail?  The only other suggestion I have is that something in your Amazon account may have been changed - the email address they send notices to, or some preference setting?  Sorry if that is not a "thing" - I find the Amazon account confusing to use.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Abruce1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You are brilliant! Thank you! They had set up a rule to redirect all emails from Amazon to another email address. The fault wasn’t Amazon’s which I knew wasn’t the case.

Thank you so much again,