cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email account lockec

Pollyp40
Dialled in

At 11am today, my email account suddenly locked me out. I was using it at the time.

The Virgin Media help instructions said I had to create another email account on a non virgin platform so I did, on Gmail. I received the verification email on my new address and clicked on it. 

Now I'm totally locked out of my virgin ntlworld email account. Any suggestions ?

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pollyp40,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issue with your email account.

Can you confirm if you're able to sign into your My Virgin Media account okay? 

Will it allow you try a password reset?

Alex_Rm

Initially password reset totally failed and I was locked out of everything.  I contacted virgin media and was walked through a reset via creation of a Gmail account. This worked but meant that I couldn't use the email app on my phone as the username of my ntlworld email kept taking me to my new Gmail account.

A follow up call from Virgin allowed me to reset the password on my account so that I could access it via the email app on my phone. All sorted in the end but annoyed that this was triggered by a software upgrade by virgin media. 

Hi Pollyp40,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear everything has now been resolved and that you are now back in your Emails, really not sure why this happened and can only apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.