Menu
rm10001
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email account deactivated - how to reinstate for a short period of time to transfer data

Hi team,

Hope you and yours are well.

I recently switched from VM to another provider for my services, after being with VM for 20+ years (diamond cable days) and can no longer access to my ntlworld email account.  I've read a few threads on the community space, understand VM T+Cs note that emails will be cancelled after 90 days and read people having similar issues and varying degrees of success in either reinstating the email address for a short period of time and/or cancelling the account altogether.  

The issue I have is that someone has hacked into my PayPal account which is linked to this email address which I can no longer access , is anyone able to help direct me to the right place where I might be able to get the account up a running for a few days to allow my data to be transferred and move accounts associated with this email to another?

The email address is still live (checked via mailtester, but also sending a test email from another account).

Best wishes

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email account deactivated - how to reinstate for a short period of time to transfer data

Hello

I am afraid as you are no longer a broadband customer all the VM support staff will be able to do is delete the account.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rm10001
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email account deactivated - how to reinstate for a short period of time to transfer data

Thanks for your reply, DJ_Shadow1966.  Is there another way I am able to get access to that account?  I read on some older forum postings that people could sign up to the free dial up service to reactivate the account - is that right?

Best regards

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM dial up ended several centuries ago!

How long is it since you left VM?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email account deactivated - how to reinstate for a short period of time to transfer ...

Hi rm10001,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Once the E-Mail account has been restricted, we're unable to reinstate this for former customers.

Customers have a period of up to 90 days to use and transfer files from their E-Mail account after the disconnection of the services has been completed.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos