Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email account asking for credentials

I have been unable to read or send any emails from my NTL World address since April 6th, and when I try to log in, a message is asking for the correct credentials. I have had this email address for many years and have never been asked this before.

I was originally told there had been suspicious activity on my account and the lockout was temporary, and that it would be back to normal in 24 hours. My password was changed by the WM colleague I spoke to but I am still locked out over a week later, and after spending many hours queueing on the phone waiting to speak to somebody every few days, I see from this Forum that I am not the only one having this issue.

I was assured yesterday that I would have everything back today - a form was filled in online and submitted by the VM colleague I spoke to, and she said that that was all that needed to be done. But a 2nd weekend is approaching, my work emails are not getting through, and I don't know what else to do.

I see other people have eventually been able to resolve this issue so please tell me how. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ntlworld email account asking for credentials

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@suemccoy Is the email address concerned the Primary username for your current Virgin Media broadband account or is it a secondary one?

Are you trying to access it via an email client or via the VM webmail page: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

You may be able to regain access via the Forgotten Password route: virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Do post back if you find a route to 'live chat' as suggested by george_g - many others have posted that live chat no longer seems to be available on the VM contact pages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I will give you kudos as you have been kind enough to reply, but I have been on live online chat on 2 occasions in the past week without any positive results.

Thank you anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying.

I found live chat only by pretending I wanted to upgrade my bundle, and getting past the robot which takes you in circles with the same questions and no option for actual help. However, even when I got through it didn't resolve the issue.

Yes, it is the primary username, and I have tried to get in through my phone which had the password stored and asks for the correct credentials.

Going through the My Virgin Media page and clicking on 'email' takes me to a page that says there is an error and to try again in an hour, and that's also the message I get if I try logging on directly via Google and the mail2 webpage.

I have reset my password with the VM colleague on the phone but nothing has so far worked.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is the message saying that the mailbox has been locked and to try again in an hour or call the number stated?

If so then a member of the Forum Team will need to arrange for the account to be unlocked for you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying. This is what I see when I click on 'Email' on the My Virgin Media page:

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.
Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.
If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok, that does mean that the mailbox needs re-enabling by a staff member.  I will escalate this thread so that it can be assigned to an appropriate person.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11