cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email Unable to log in. Please check your IMAP server settings

sanj_patel
Tuning in
ntlworld email address not working

Since 19 June 2023 now 21 June 2023 my username@ntlworld.com email address with outlook is still not working. Get the error message Unable to log in. 

Log-in failed. Please check your IMAP server settings and try again.

This is 3 days now.  What is going on.

Managed to get onto webmail on 20 June 2023.

Unable to access my ntlworld via Outlook on my iPhone and iPad get the message

Unable log in.

Log-in failed. Please check your IMAP server settings and try again.

Virgin want me to go through TechGadget Service and pay for it.

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sanj_patel

Sorry to hear of the recent email issues experienced. We appreciate the confusion caused and you raising this via the forums.

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our team are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise again for any inconvenience caused over the past two days. 

Rob

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sanj_patel  What happens if you try to access the email address concerned via the VM webmail page? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Do you see an error message or does it take you to your emails.

If you can get to your emails that way then you may need to set up an app password to use in Outlook.  Follow these instructions:

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ClaireMoore
Tuning in

I couldn’t get my emails on iPhone or iPad and had error of no password for ntlworld.  For the first time ever, yesterday, after being completely exasperated, I used the automatically generated Virgin email app password (you’ll find it on their site) instead of my normal Virgin password, and my emails appeared.  Maybe you need to do this too?

Hi Graham

Thank you for your assistance.

I can access my email via webmail.

I can't access my email via Outlook from iPhone & iPad.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sanj_patel, 

We are glad to hear you have been able to access emails via the web browser. 

Have you been able to follow the steps listed by Graham A regarding the Outlook client?

If the password has been reset, this will need to be updated on the client/app.

Please do let us know. 

Thanks, 

Nat

sanj_patel
Tuning in

Received email from Virgin Media

email access would be down from Thursday 29th June 2023 after 18:00 and will be available again on 30th June 2023 06:00 guess what -Not able to access my emails from my Outlook again.

Why do you keep doing this to me.