Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld e-mails not accessible

Hi

Been having a problem since late last week where my ntlworld e-mails are not coming through on any device

In Outlook I get an error message....
"Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for xxxx@ntlworld.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxxx@ntlworld.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Virgin webmail says it's not available.

Phoned Virgin twice and not been very helpful other than to say it's a known fault and will be sorted but no timescales.

Really frustrating as this is our main e-mail account with lots of things registered to it.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ntlworld e-mails not accessible

Despite what you may have been told on the phone these issues tend to be account specific.

Is the Ntlworld.com email concerned correctly linked to your current VM broadband account.  Check by logging into My Virgin Media with your primary username. Look under the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs.

If it is then the Forum Team should be able to get the mailbox unlocked for you. If it isn't then satisfactory resolution may not be possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham
Yes - all correct on the settings page

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Forum Team should reach this thread around this time tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kevfran123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. I will private message you so we can look into this.

^Martin

0 Kudos