cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com email not recognised and can't log in (or reset password)

cnbp186
Joining in

Hello

While on holiday abroad, I wasn't able to access my email (ntlworld.com email account). It worked fine in the UK until I went away. The problem was that the email address was not recognised (and as result I couldn't access my emails with all my bookings which was distressing). My husband who also has an ntlworld email account was in the same situation. Now back in the UK, my husband was able to access his email account, but I still can't, I get the error message that the email or password is incorrect. I then tried to reset the password, but the email address (that I used for over 20yrs) is not recognised (I noticed that other user has posted similar problem, but I haven't find the suitable resolution for me, hence this new conversation), therefore I have no way to reset the password and access the account. 

Can any one help please ?

Regards    

Susan

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cnbp186 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have had with your emails, we are aware of an issue at this present time, and our engineers & IT are currently working on resolving the issue.

Sabrina

Hello Sabrina

thanks for the update, although it is not to helpful as still don't know when this will be resolved, as I can't access my emails. This is the second time that a similar situation occurs in a space of couple of months, not too impressed with Virgin, as I'm still paying every month for not having my emails - it has been almost 3 weeks since I have not had access to my email.

Regards

Susan

Hi Susan, 

Sorry again for the email issues you're having. Just to confirm, have you tried the below-

Sign in to My Virgin Media
Go to Account settings, then Account details
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password

Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 

Alex_Rm