Menu
Robbo115
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld.com email missing

I have 2 email forwarders set up on my own personal domain. One sends all email messages to my ntlworld.com account with Virgin and the other sends all emails to my gmail account. So - yes - I would expect to get duplicate emails in the two accounts. However.... Between 18:30 at 19:30 today, 7 emails arrived in my gmail account and only 2 arrived in my Virgin account.

I've tried searching all folders but the missing 5 messages aren't anywhere to be seen.

Has anybody got any ideas where to look or what to do next ?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld.com email missing

Hi Robbo115,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your emails sending.

Are you using a mail client or webmail to send the emails?

Can you confirm if this has happened again since your post Monday?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Robbo115
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

It's not sending emails but receiving them which is the problem and almost certain to be down to Virginmedia's implementation of SPF inspection.

It doesn't happen on any of the big email services such as Google mail or Yahoo.  So the answer seems to be abandon using VM/Ntlworld as a service and stick to Gmail. I've tried all sorts of variants in the SPF record in my email forwarders domain without success.

Thanks, Robbo115.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robbo115, 

Thanks for getting back to me,

We'd need to know a bit more before we're able to suggest a solution 🙂 

Have there been any bouncebacks or message delivery failures when sending to the Virgin Media address?

If you have those, could you provide the full headers via private message and I can forward this to our Internet security team.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos