Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@ntlworld.com email issues

Afternoon,

I have a ntlworld.com email address which I think someone may have gained access to.

I would like to change the password but can not find the email linked to my virginmedia account.

How do I go about updating the password?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: @ntlworld.com email issues

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

While waiting for a Forum Team member with the appropriate skill and access to attend this thread, read these advice pages and threads and see if any advice helps.

Here is the VM help page for compromised accounts/addresses:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

You may still be able to use the Forgotten Password route:  virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Or if the problem email address is definitely not linked to your billing account, this may explain:  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

You will have to decide if you want to delete the address or attempt a Move & Transfer.  If allowed and possible, this would replace your existing emails/mailboxes attached to the billing account, with the old email addresses and mailboxes.  So not a decision to take lightly.  And of course, the Forum Team have to apply VM's data protection rules and technical limitations to the request either way.

Let us know if you need assistance or advice, the Community members are here to help.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email issues

Unable to change my ntlworld email password.

I think someone has hacked my email so need to update my password, however it appears it is not linked to my virgin media account.

Help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ihave tried the chat but think but it wont direct me to anyone.

How do I get £50 off?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Anyone able to help.

I understand some slightly more important things going on in the world, but with access to my email they are able to change passwords on other subscriptions and accounts

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid you will have to be patient and wait for the Forum Team to get to this thread.  It may be this afternoon, but more likely to be in a day or two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hello s21slm

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your email password issues, we don't have many rules here but we would ask you not to spam post the thread. It doesn't get the query answered any quicker and can cause issues further down the line.

Can you confirm the following please:

Do you still currently have active Virgin Media services?

What happens when you try to reset it via the forgotten password link on the sign in page?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't aware I had spammed anything, apologies if I have?

Yes i have active broadband and telephone

I am told to enter a valid email address

The email in question is still able to send and receive email with no issues

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

From reading other posts regarding @ntlworld.com email issues it sounds to me like I have an orphaned account which needs to be correctly link with my virgin services.