cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ntlworld.com email errors

Zooky
Joining in

When will @ntlworld.com email issues be fixed? Initially I was told by tech support it would take days, that has now turned in to weeks, and I am guessing it will turn in to months. I have contacted tech support for a second time and the person I spoke to didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

Can somebody with some technical knowledge please shed some light on this situation?

I can log in to my accounts so my passwords are valid but I cannot log in to email via web as it says 'Forbidden'.

Pop3 also fails but if i reset my passwords they start working again but only for a short while.

Please help me Virgin Media.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Zooky,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your email account lately. Is this ongoing today? If so, at what point does the "Forbidden" error message appear? What browser(s) and device(s) are you using?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have tried various browers on PCs and Mac. At times I see "Sorry... Try again in an hour'.

I did manage to access my emails online a few days ago and I had to delete approx 7,000 emails that should not have been there as they should have been deleted off VM's mailserver weeks ago. Some of those emails were from a secondary account but were put in my primary account which has a completely different email address. I didn't do that I can assure you.

I have needed to change my passwords twice again since my original post. That is not acceptable to me.

Why are so many other customers having similar issues and some are not?

What is VM doing to their equipment that has caused this?

Hi Zooky

I'd advise running malware scans on all your devices. Then changing the password to something new, unique never used before. Leave it 30 mins before trying the email mailbox on Webmail.

Best.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill