cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com email down?

jonathanhill
Joining in

We have an ntlworld.com email address that suddenly stopped working 12 hours ago. This happened on multiple devices. We successfully retrieved it from an orphaned account with support a few years ago. We can't access it through the webmail either.

Does anyone have any idea why this would stop working? Unfortunately it's my wifes main work email.I've searched for hours for a live chat link to support. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jon

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jonathanhill When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username can you see the email address concerned listed under the Manage Accounts tab?

For reference the previous thread is in the archive, https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Lost-ntlworld-email-password/td-p/4103102/page/3

I suspect that the VM Forum Team will need to investigate this at the account level so I will escalate this to their priority queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Our primary username is the ntlworld.com email address in question. When signed in there isn't a Manage Accounts tab. There is only a My Account tab on the left, with no reference to the email account under it and there is a link at the top the right named "EMAIL". But this loads with a page stating the mailbox is unavailable at the moment. https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html

Thanks for finding and linking the previous thread, I hope it helps resolve the issue.
Please do escalate it to the priority queue, it's causing a huge problem as she's unable to work.

Thank you so much for your assistance

Jonathan

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is the primary account it should show in under the My Profile tab in the Virgin media mail section.

The error message that you report indicates that the account has been locked for security purposes.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this, but they will ask you to change the password first.  You do this via your My Profile tab.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jonathanhill,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having these issues with your email address at the moment. What happens exactly when you attempt to access it online via our webmail platform? Do you have any other active services with us currently?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for your help, i've found it under the my profile section and reset the password.

However the email link stil shows unavailable and email is still not coming down from the server.

We'll await further instruction.

Thanks

Hi Zach,

We have the full fleet of services, broadband, tv, home phone etc

When I attempt to access webmail through virginmedia.com this page loads https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html

With the following text

__________-

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Hi @jonathanhill,

Apologies, but would you mind expanding on what you mean when you state that the email link shows unavailable? Is that when you click on it when you've signed into your My Virgin Media online account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

yes it's when i'm logged into my.virginmedia.com and clicking the link at the top right of the screen named EMAIL is capitals. The page then loads with that unavailable message.

Hi @jonathanhill,

Thank you for confirming. I just wanted to ensure we were on the same page with what's going on.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. There we can take a few extra details and take a closer look at what's going on for you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team