cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld Email issuse

Aland1959
Joining in

I have been locked out of my second email account. I managed to have a online chat with someone at virgin.

They said to wait 5 days and set up an IT ticket. 5 days later no change. 

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Aland1959 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same problem 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,

Daniel

Aland1959
Joining in

I am trying to change my main email password, when I hit the edit at the side of the password it tells me to put in another email that they will send a code to. When I hit new email it sends me right back to the start? 

Good Afternoon @Aland1959, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

I understand that you're currently within a private messaging conversation with one of my colleagues in regards to this very matter.

Do please continue to liaise with them, as input from multiple members of the Forum Team/Forum posters, can create confusion and result in the issue taking longer to fix.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am just trying to change the temporary password Daniel gave me yesterday, that he used to try and access my second account

As per my previous response @Aland1959, please direct this to my colleague, as we would want to refrain from multiple agents working on the same issue/case.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David

I will do so on Monday. He has been very helpful, but since then there are more issues. There is the wrong home phone number on the account, that it will not let me change, and I cannot add another address. I will have to send my Microsoft address to all that need to contact me.

This is very frustrating 

Alan 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Aland1959 wrote:

I am trying to change my main email password, when I hit the edit at the side of the password it tells me to put in another email that they will send a code to. When I hit new email it sends me right back to the start? 

I must admit that had me fooled too.

Just to try to explain. When you get to the box headed "Verify it's you" VM are asking you to change the email address you use to sign into your VM account.They want you to change it to a non VM address.

Here's a page that explains about that:

https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address 

Coming back to the loop you are in.

When you click on the purple "Change email address box" and it takes you back to the screen you started they are expecting you to click on the "Edit" to the right of your email address. That will take you through the steps to chnage your sign in / username to a non VM email account.

change sign details.png

VM stopped issuing email accounts to new customers over a year ago and since then all new customers have to use a non VM email address to access their VM My Virgin Media Accounts.

VM still support existing VM email accounts that belong to existing customers but it seems the plan is to move everyone over to using a non VM email address as the user name to access their VM email accounts. They say that is to improve the security on their accounts. That's explained in the link I gave earlier.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have raised an IT ticket and the reference number is - P012102740 - Chris.