Menu
nspeno68
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ntlword email not working

Can no longer send or receive emails on my ntlworld.com account. Phone, desktop, laptop. 
Message says servers not responding. Changed some settings as advised on the VM website but nothing has worked

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlword email not working

Hi nspeno68.  There could be many reasons why, so can you please answer a few questions to rule out some of them.  As much detail as you can, but obviously don't post your personal details.

• Are you a VM residential broadband customer?
  • Is the ntlworld address linked to the billing account? (it would show on My profile page/My services, or the Manage accounts tab.)
  • Can you access emails via webmail?  https://myvirginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

If webmail is working fine for sending and receiving, we can then start working out what is wrong with your email client (the programmes on your phone, desktop, laptop).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nspeno68
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am a customer.

The ntlworld address is linked to the billing account although since the problem I’ve changed my contact email address. 

I can’t access the account through webmail or on any device.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When you try to sign in to webmail ( https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox ) - do you get any error message?  If it is the message "mailbox unavailable - try again", then wait here for a member of the Forum Team, who will take your personal details by private message and see what is needed to get you working again.

Also, please try changing your password.  Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

After things are fixed, you may also wish to check your auto forwarding and filter rules which may have been set up in your webmail.  Also we would recommend doing an anti virus scan on all devices that you are trying to access the impacted email account from.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nspeno68

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the email issues. Have you followed the advice from MissPasko? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos