Menu
Gran1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

ntl world email address

Hi,

I have been receiving mail regularly on my ipad using my ntlworld.com email address, but tried to log in on another machine and found I could not. No matter how I tried. I may be using the wrong password, as it is so long since I have been logged in for so long. Can you help?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntl world email address

Hello

Are you still a virginmedia broadband account holder ?

If you are not an account holder please see the following https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

When was the last time you used the email on your iPad ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gran1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I stay signed in and use the email on my ipad every day.
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

(Assuming that you a current Virginmedia broadband customer, and the email address concerned is linked to your current VM account.)

The password for the primary email address is the same as the one you use to log in to the billing area.  You can try changing the password for the email address on the my profile page (or manage accounts tab if it is a secondary address). You may need to use Forgotten Password: virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

After changing, you would then need to change/update the password for sending and receiving on the iPad.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Gran1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

When I try to use the reset username and password, this is the page it takes me to.

Virgin lost username response.JPG

Strange message as I still receive mails on my ipad to my ntlworld address

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That message is showing that, as suspected by Miss Pasko your ntlworld email address does not appear to be linked to your current Virgin Media broadband account.

I suggest you hold on from doing anything further until the Forum Team reach this thread sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Trying to resolve this via the call centre would be problematic.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

(Assuming that you a current Virginmedia broadband customer, and the email address concerned is linked to your current VM account.)

I think you should wait for the Forum Team (VM employees) to reach this thread - they read them all and usually respond within a day or so.  They will take your personal details by private message and can check the status of your account in the VM system.  They can then fix or refer to IT department if anything needs to be done.

Unless one of the VIP community members knows more about what that screen means . . . they are very knowledgable and will advise if I am wrong.

(edit - extra thanks to Graham! He agrees.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gran1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Miss Pasco,

sounds like good advice, I will wait for a one of the forum team to reply.

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Gran1

Welcome along to our Community and for your post about your email - sorry that you're having some issues logging in via another device and also with resetting your password. 

Before we go any further - can you please confirm if you still have active Virgin Media services with us (home services)?

Thanks!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gran1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I still have broadband, telephone and TV.

0 Kudos