cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntl mail on android phone

MichaelAnthony
Joining in

Recently went through new password process for emails at request of VM. All fine. Also at request of VM have a username which, as recommended is a different email address to the one for this account. Tried to update  credentials on phone (Nokia XR20, Android), but phone won't accept new details. Deleted mail account on phone and atried to add account manually, with same result. 

Any / all suggstions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MichaelAnthony wrote:

Recently went through new password process for emails at request of VM. All fine. Also at request of VM have a username which, as recommended is a different email address to the one for this account. Tried to update  credentials on phone (Nokia XR20, Android), but phone won't accept new details. Deleted mail account on phone and atried to add account manually, with same result. 

The new third party email username is only used when logging into the My Virgin Media account or VM webmail for the ntlworld email address concerned.

When adding the email address to a third party email app such as on an android phone you will need to use the ntlworld email address concerned as the username and enter the generated app password as the password for the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MichaelAnthony wrote:

The new third party email username is only used when logging into the My Virgin Media account or VM webmail for the ntlworld email address concerned.

When adding the email address to a third party email app such as on an android phone you will need to use the ntlworld email address concerned as the username and enter the generated app password as the password for the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MichaelAnthony, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that recent changes have impacted you. 

As mentioned in Graham_A's reply, please ensure you are popping your VM email address into the username box when trying to set this up as otherwise it will fail. 

If you're still having an issue after doing this, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, Graham. That was exactly the solution. Much appreciated.