Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ntl email address

what is the status of my old ntl email address ? I also have forgotten password, I still receive mails but cant update to access.   Address is  [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntl email address

@anderson56 wrote:

what is the status of my old ntl email address ? I also have forgotten password, I still receive mails but cant update to access.   Address is  xxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com

Go back to your post, click on 'post options' and then edit out your email address or your email account will be swamped with spam.😮

The forum mods have been informed in case you cannot edit it yourself.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@anderson56 wrote:

what is the status of my old ntl email address ?

Are you still a Virgin Media broadband customer? If not the forum team (VM employees) can arrange for the account to be deleted but it may take them a while due to the current situation.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reprimand but you haven't answered my question, what is the status of this email address, or give me a link to some one in Virgin who can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no I'm no longer virgin broadband customer but can still send and receive ntl address emails on my old phone

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would like to retain my ntl address and NOT have it deleted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

See this -

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#broad...

Particularly this part -

6. Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person. If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you. Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us.

- which makes it quite clear that your email address should have been closed down when your broadband contract ended. As in your case, closure of email addresses appears to be a somewhat hit and miss process.

The bottom line is that VM will only help you to close down the email address – and it could disappear without notice as a result of a future periodic tidying up exercise.

I suggest you set up a new email address elsewhere and copy any important email info before it vanishes.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the only thing VM can do is delete it. You can't keep it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos