cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving emails

Dame-ashy
Joining in

I noticed today I havent received any emails since saturday my phone had just been updated to ios 16.4.1  and outlook was asking for me to sign in again. I thought i saved everything using a pin -  anyway wouldnt except passwords or pins.  Went to try on on my laptop that wouldnt allow me in either so dont know whats going on cant reset password going round in a loop can get on my virgin bills and stuff just no access to my ntlworld emails

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dame-ashy 

I'm pleased to hear that you have regained access to your email account. Thanks for the update.

You may not know, but Virgin Media stopped issuing new email accounts almost a year ago. Since then new VM broadband customers have to use a third party (non VM) email account to create their My Virgin Media Account and existing VM customers can no longer create additional secondary email accounts.

VM have said that they still support existing VM email accounts that are linked to a live VM broadband account but the longer term future of the VM email service is unclear.

Perhaps it's time to consider setting up a new non VM email account. There are lots of free options available from dedicated email providers, all (in my opinion) offer better security and reliability than VM email. https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dame-ashy wrote:

Went to try on on my laptop that wouldnt allow me in either

So exactly what error message are you getting when you try to sign into the email account?

cant reset password going round in a loop can get on my virgin bills and stuff

If you can access your My Virgin Media Account (where you access your bills and stuff) you should be able to reset the password from there.

Once you have signed into your My Virgin Media account:

• Click on Account Settings then Account Details.
  • Scroll down that page and you'll see the heading Password and the option to "edit" (reset) the password.
  • Change it to something you have never used before and then leave it 20-30 minutes before trying to acess the account again to give time for the change to be picked up by all the VM servers.

going round in a loop

That comment is making me wonder if you have followed those instructions but have run up against  VM's  dreaded "You cannot use that password......." error.       Is that the case for you?

If so it will require help from the VM Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) one of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so,

However, if you have only tried resetting the password using the "Forgotten Password" page do try resetting from your My Virgin Media Account as I have described earlier.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Spoke to someone at virgin said my account needed unlocking and she set a new password as it wouldn’t allow me finally I am back online - there’s no actual support online for fixing emails - a text message wouldn’t have gone a miss as to why!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dame-ashy 

I'm pleased to hear that you have regained access to your email account. Thanks for the update.

You may not know, but Virgin Media stopped issuing new email accounts almost a year ago. Since then new VM broadband customers have to use a third party (non VM) email account to create their My Virgin Media Account and existing VM customers can no longer create additional secondary email accounts.

VM have said that they still support existing VM email accounts that are linked to a live VM broadband account but the longer term future of the VM email service is unclear.

Perhaps it's time to consider setting up a new non VM email account. There are lots of free options available from dedicated email providers, all (in my opinion) offer better security and reliability than VM email. https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

Coenoby