Menu
Exorcist74
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no email no Virginmedia webpage

as of 10:20 Monday 8th June I am unable to retrieve my Email through Outlook and cannot get

my Virgin Media web page, I Keep getting   

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /acs/acs.

What is wrong with your service

Done a Speed test Ping 0  Download 89 mb  uploads 8.9mb

Nothing wrong with my computer.....

0 Kudos
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: no email no Virginmedia webpage

Having same problem with one of my @virginmedia.com emails
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry, they have just changed the sign in system.  Don't use an old bookmark or link, click the word "email" on the top of any VM or VM community web page to get to the new sign in page.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Method-Not-Allowed/td-p/4282723/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Exorcist74
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Miss Pasko... have you come across anything about the problems with Microcrap Outlook not getting email from VM, I'm still on my NTLworld account.. Thought they have bugger about with the POP and SMTP settings again. Just a thought 🙂 thank you
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No sorry, I only use webmail (I assume you can access emails/mailbox that way for now).

What error message do you get in Outlook?  what device?  Is it just receiving or sending also?  Post as much detail as you can, but block out any personal info.  Someone else will read your post and be able to assist, I'm sure.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Exorcist74 wrote:
Thanks Miss Pasko... have you come across anything about the problems with Microcrap Outlook not getting email from VM, I'm still on my NTLworld account.. Thought they have bugger about with the POP and SMTP settings again. Just a thought 🙂 thank you

The VM servers seem temperamental today. I am seeing intermittent connection errors using MS Outlook.  We haven't been notified of any changes to the settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Exorcist74
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI again.. When I start up M.Office it bring up a small square box showing the downloading of my mail, but now it just hang there, sometime it let mail through,but then wont let me read/delete interact with them, the software working fine,problem is with the mail itself,like its corrupted or only part of them is reaching the Outlook. SETUP: Windows 7 Professional,8gb ram 3.2 Pentium chip set, Nod32 4 hard drives connected Via VM Super hub 3 100mb internet.. done numerous diagnostics on my system,working perfect...
I can read my mail by going into the VM website now, but no luck with Outlook ???.......
Exorcist74
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update... just tried my Android V.8.0.0 Samsung S7 phone e-mail app(V6.1.12.1) that has a Virgin Sim and my email worked sending/receiving perfect,
Going to try my Lenovo PC laptop with Windows 7 Professional....... OK just done a fresh install of MS Office 2007 and the same thing is happening. It seem that the problem is when using MS office Outlook & Virgin Media server...hope they sort it out soon.....