Menu
GILLY4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no email access

Hi can anyone help please.

Sign into my account but unable to access my emails, says HTML unavailable.  Have reported to VM a week ago but not heard anything as yet.  Need access to some important emails!  I use a chromebook so not on windows.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: no email access

@GILLY4 wrote:

Hi can anyone help please.

Sign into my account but unable to access my emails, says HTML unavailable. 

The only thing I can suggest is to ensure that the settings in your VM Webmail allow HTML format emails to be viewed.

Sign into Webmail from here https://my.virginmedia.com  and then click on 1) and 2)  as below and ensure the box 3) is ticked.

html allowed.png

I suspect that it is not the problem because in most cases emails that include HTML simply display as plain text if HTML is not allowed. However, if your check it out that will eliminate one possible cause.

I have assumed that when you say "Sign into my account" you mean the Virgin Media Webmail facility on their website. However, if you are accessing your emails via a third party email app or email client there may well be a similar setting to view HTML there.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GILLY4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply but cannot even sign in. When I try just says your mailbox is unavailable at the moment. Full message below.  Have tried changing my password but no help.

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

Thanks again

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@GILLY4 wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply but cannot even sign in.

When I try just says your mailbox is unavailable at the moment........

Ok, the fog clears. 🙂

That's a completely different and very well know issue. It is nothing to do with "HTML not being available" so I do not know where that message is coming from.  It is definitely not the cause of the "Mailbox unavailable" error message you are seeing so I am going to ignore it for the time being.

That "mailbox unavailable" error usually indicates that your account has been locked by Virgin Media for security reasons.

Sometimes this can be cleared by changing the account password but if you have already tried that you will need to wait for one of the Forum Team (VM employees) to pick up on this post. They will contact you via the Forum and get the necessary details from you via the Forum Private  Message (PM) facility.

It may take a day or so for them to do that but they will be able to get the problem resolved. In the meantime please do not post the email address or your contact details on the forum. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gilly4,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your email isn't allowing you access, I can see you have spoken to us since your last post how are things now have you nowq got access to your emails, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues which could be causing this.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
GILLY4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

No still no access and showing the same message. I can log into my VM account as soon as click on email it takes me out.

Gill

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello GILLY4

Sorry this is still ongoing 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos