Menu
lytnin
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

my email wont connect

my ntlworld email wont connect, keeps saying 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment'. I have called the relevant department and got transferred 3 times, each time have to explain my issue again. One lady I spoke to advised that everything on the account looks correct and ok, but it still wouldn't connect. I have had issues with this email over the last 6 to 12 months with people being able to change the password without any form of secondary verification. Now I cant get into it at all. Can anyone either help reset it.

cheers

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: my email wont connect

Thanks for the post Lytnin and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you're able to log into your My Virgin Media account this email is attached to? 

If so, you should be able to change the password in the manage mailbox section, or if this is the primary email on the account you can change this by resetting the My Virgin Media login. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
lytnin
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

I can log into my virgin account and I have changed the password several times. This is my main account email address. I would like to be able to log into it and get my emails.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming, have the team already raised a ticket to our IT team for this are you aware? If so did they provide you with a reference for this?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
lytnin
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No they said leave it an hour. Still didn't work, that was 2 weeks ago I believe. You tend to just get fed up of waiting

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, we'd need to raise this to them then. 

I'll pop you over a private message to pass security on the account in question.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@lytnin wrote:

I have had issues with this email over the last 6 to 12 months with people being able to change the password without any form of secondary verification.

Once the Forum Team have resolved your access issue you need to focus on regaining full control of your VM account.

Virgin have published this guide https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked and you need to follow that advice. You also need to check your online accounts such as Amazon, Ebay etc to make sure that the hackers have not accessed those as well. Scammers often hijack an email account as a way to gain access to online accounts that they can then use to purchase whatever they like using your stored card details.

You might want to consider setting up a more secure email account with an email provider who offers 2 factor authentication (such as a one time passcode sent to your phone) and use that with your online accounts. It would be safer and more secure. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer