Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

missing emails

I moved house last year and thought that the email account would move with me but I can no longer access my old emails but I can still use the email address in outlook and virgin media wont let me sing in it just tells me the email address and password are incorrect .

Can any one help pleases

thanks Midget 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: missing emails

As you are a VM broadband customer, the Forum Team should be able to assist.  They will get your personal details by private message and check if you are eligible for a Move & Transfer of the email addresses from the old account to the new account.  Really, this should have been done when the new account was created, but hopefully it is not too late.

Are you the account holder from both addresses?  Are you willing to lose any email addresses created on the new account, as they have to be deleted to allow the previous ones to be moved over?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes I am the account holder of both the old and new virgin media accounts and to my knowledge I haven't had a new email address  from virgin but i now have a gmail account will that be affected? if that account is ok then go a head if they will be affected please let me know before you do anything so that I will have a chance to copy them.

Thanks 

midget

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Midget.

Can we please confirm if you're able to log into your My Virgin Media account and let us know if you see this email address in the Mailbox Management section? 

Let us know.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no sorry it wont let me sign in it says my user name is not recognised this email has been read in Outlook

Thanks midget

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Midget, 

I'll go ahead and send a PM now for you to get this resolved.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"