cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing e-mails!

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Ok, just got in, logged into e-mails, and.

appears all e-mails from May, up to today have gone??

Had several this morning, when checked before going out, now, everything back to May has vanished? Everything before May is still there??

They are not in the trash, or archived, as nobody has been here since this morning??

checked account has not been hacked, and can access it from both desktop and phone, so a

unsure what has happened?

Any help much appreciated!!

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HughJarsse,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've an issue with your emails.

Are you using an email client or is this directly via webmail?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

This is using VM's webmail. 

Have received e-mails today OK, so not sure what's happened? Not 'locked out of account' and password is working OK, so no idea why 6moths of mail has just 'vanished' 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HughJarsse Do you access the email account via an email client using the IMAP server on any devices, especially Apple iOS ones?

There have been numerous reports on this forum of unintended consequences resulting from email clients on some operating systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

No, e-mails are only accessed from a desktop pc and a laptop, both running Windows 10 pro, both via the Virgin webmail system, don't use a client or Android/iOS. 

Hugh

Hi HughJarsse

Are you aware of the email addresses the missing emails are from, time and dates of the emails?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill