cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailbox unavailable

Millers1971
Tuning in

HELP since we setup our account back in August we have never been able to access our emails via our account it says "YOUR MAILBOX IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT" so we set it up to access on our phones.  We have had several tickets to the IT dept raised to sort out this issued but still no luck, I have now had my email account hacked so no longer able to access it via my phone and Virgin have just say they'll raise another ticket. Any advice/help would be great TIA

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

New Virgin Media broadband accounts opened after May 2022 do not come with a VM email account which would explain why you see that message in VM webmail.

So I am puzzled as to how you managed to get a VM email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Issued for a previous account ? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Millers1971,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues locating and accessing an email account that you have with us, and that you believe this now may be compromised. Is the affected email account linked to a currently active broadband service with us?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi yes it is we have the full package with virgin

Thanks Nicky

Zach_R Yes we have the full package with virgin, yet again I was told it would take 48 hours to resolve this and yet it is still not resolve and your IT dept don't seem to know much about IT.

As noted in post #2, new broadband accounts like your one created in August last year don't come with an email account.

If your email account was created before then it may not have been linked to the new broadband account, and might have been deleted under its original conditions. 

If you log into your MyVirginmedia account you can check down the menu to see if the email account is listed.  If it's not there then it may have been deleted and the emails lost. 

This post explains about old 'orphan' emails:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.