Menu
lindash
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mailbox unavailable

I have the same problem. Change password and it says they have sent a confirmation email. Cant access this because I cant get to emails on any device. When trying to log in I just get mailbox unavailable and to try again in an hour. This has been the case all day. 

I see previous people have had assistance with this via the moderator. I would really appreciate some help if possible. there has been suspicious activity recently and I feel it may be locked but cannot get through for telephone support.

Kind regards

Linda

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: mailbox unavailable

The Virgin Media password change process doesn't include a verification email stage, so if you have received such a message you may have been onto a rogue website.

The VM Forum Team should be able to advise further when they reach this thread, probably tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lindash
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Graham,

On second check it doesn't appear to be a verification notification, just a confirmation email. I am confident I attempted the password change through the correct channels, logging in to the main virginmedia site. the email address is a secondary to the main account. The problem seems to be the same as many other people are having on here and I seem to remember the same thing happening about a year ago. took a week to sort out but now cant remember the solution. 

I would be grateful for any further suggestions.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@lindash Thanks for confirming that about the confirmation email.

These mailbox unavailable messages usually indicate that the email account has been locked by the VM security team to protect the account holder from malicious activity.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you get the account unlocked.  They will contact you via this thread either tomorrow or in a day or so.

They are aware of your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lindash
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much Graham. That is really helpful. I was beginning to feel like I was stuck on a Merry go round! 

0 Kudos
maxlugg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am one of the others with this problem and am still waiting for a reply to my post. It seems that a concerted attack has been made on ntlworld.com addresses.

I have changed the password on the affected account and received the confirmation email ... but the mailbox is still unavailable. It would save a lot of hassle all round if the VM system unlocked the mailbox once the password has been changed.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi maxlugg and lindash,

I've sent you both private messages to confirm your account information.

Cheers,

Corey C