cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost email access

lswilson
Joining in

Hello, my wife accidentally dropped her phone in water, this damaged it beyond repair, so I bought a new phone for her. Sadly, she can't remember her Google password and she hadn't updated her phone number. She did however have a backup, that's her ntlworld email account, so we thought the day was saved, unfortunately when trying to login to said account it's not recognised, despite us still having a Virgin account, please help, otherwise she's lost all her photos, settings etc.

6 REPLIES 6

lswilson
Joining in

Sorry, adding this reply as I didn't select the 'email me when someone replies' box in the initial post.

Hi @lswilson 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your wife is now having some issues accessing her email account. 

Can you confirm if a password reset has been attempted?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, yes attempted several times, yet the actual email address doesn't seem to be accepted, it's definitely the correct address, it's as if the account has been disabled or something.

As I said in the original post, we are still Virgin media customers and my ntlworld email is still up and used daily.

I can give you her email address if you like, but wonder if it's safe to do so in a public forum?

I'll drop you a PM 📩 so we can take a closer look into this. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you.

lswilson
Joining in

Any luck Ayisha? I've had no further replies, nor private message.