Menu
Bradders1083
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

loss of emails for 24 hours

Hi

I stopped receiving any emails to my ntlworld.com account from approx. 5pm on Wed 4/6 to 4.35pm on 5/6/20. I usually receive emails at least hourly during the day but nothing. I thought something may be wrong around 11am so I tested the account by sending an email from my phone to my wife which worked fine. I then sent an email from myself to myself called test that never arrived. I also sent one from my work account that sent but was never received. Its working fine again from 4.36pm 5/6 but I seem to of lost all emails that I would of received in those 23 hours.

I receive POP3 to my PC. Imap to phone and laptop and I have also logged in to Webmail. All show a 23hour gap with nothing. I just hope I wasn't sent anything important in that down time.

Thanks for any advice for VM to recover these emails

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: loss of emails for 24 hours

Hi Bradders1083,

Welcome to our Community Forum and so to hear about your lost emails. Can you try our webmail here to see if you can see the emails? I'm sorry for the questions but I want a clearer picture of the issue. When you send the email to yourself, are there any error messages or bounce backs when sending them to you?

Please give us more information so we can help

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Bradders1083
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The emails are missing from virgin webmail and also failed to load to my pop3 account on my pc and the two Imap accounts on my phone and laptop. 

Is as if no one sent me any emails between the 23 hr period. Although this isn't true as I sent two myself from my own account and a work account to test. neither came through.

I will never know what didn't come through during that time.

All seems ok now.

NB

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information.

It does sound odd that these were not received in this specific period, can we please confirm if there may have been an error and these were sent to your spam folder at all? Did any emails dated in this time appear after this when you started to receive emails normally again?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Bradders1083
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not in spam an never got any during this period after they worked again.

We shall never know what occurred.

I am just careful now when expecting important emails!

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear this Bradder1083. 

It may transpire if emails were sent during this time that they all arrive in bulk and perhaps when you're least expecting them to.  I hope this has not massively impacted you.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos